Congratulations to the DON's DoD CIO Award Winners
Published, December 1, 2017
Congratulations to the individuals and teams from the Department of the Navy who were honored by DoD CIO for IT and cyber excellence at a November 30 ceremony at the Pentagon.
- Cmdr. David Perry, Naval Special Warfare Command - for his leadership role in significantly improving the interoperability between NSW units, fleet communications assets, and deployed warfighters involved in contingency operations.
- Information Systems Technician First Class Joseph Winchell, Development Operations Lead, 90 Cyber Protection Team (CPT), Cyber Defense Activity SIXTY FOUR - for his efforts to successfully pave the way for all service CPTs to conduct defensive cyberspace operations in real-time pursuit of adversarial threat.
- Military Sealift Command (MSC) Knowledge Management Team - for changing the way the MSC and other DON commands operate in the digital workplace. Their efforts were critical to the successful fielding of the Navy's only authorized intranet environment, the iNAVY portal.
- My Navy Portal Team - for successfully implementing the DoD's first Level 4 data enterprise architecture to be hosted by a commercial cloud provider. Among other benefits, the secure portal consolidates Navy IT infrastructure, improves application integration and cyber security, and has a projected future savings of up to $350 million across the Future Years Defense Program.
- Raymond Cavanaugh, USMC C4 - for providing valuable guidance and leadership in spearheading Data Center Optimization Initiatives across the Marine Corps and Total Cost of Ownership reduction efforts.
- Naval Special Warfare Group TEN N6 Team - for implementing cloud infrastructure and augmented intelligence algorithms to support U.S. Pacific Command, U.S. Special Operations Command, and the intelligence community with improved intelligence, communications, and operational security.