DON IT Conference, West Coast 2015
Feb 10-12, 2015
San Diego Convention Center
111 W. Harbor Drive, San Diego, Ca 92101
The DON IT Conference has been approved and will be held Feb. 10-12, 2015, at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Ca. No conference fee will be assessed. The DON IT Conference is typically held in fleet concentration areas on the West Coast and East Coast each year to minimize cross-country travel by participants. Additionally, conference sessions will be available via DCO.
A conference schedule is available for download below.
TAD registration is now closed. Walk-up registration will be available at the convention center for local attendees and those TAD in San Diego on other business only.
The purpose of the DON IT conference is to:
- Engage with senior leaders, program managers, and the DON IT community to examine and discuss pertinent IT topics
- Share information that supports the SECNAV’s vision laid out in the DON Transformation Plan to achieve business transformation priorities, leverage strategic opportunities, and implement DON institutional reform initiatives by changing the culture, increasing the use of data-driven decision-making, and effective governance;
- Provide IT-related training that will provide credits toward continuous learning (SECNAVINST 1543.2 requires that Cyberspace/IT workforce members have 40 hours of continuous learning per year).
Senior speakers primarily from the DUSN M/DON CIO, Navy and Marine Corps organizations will share information and provide training on DON IT and business transformation areas. The conference will provide the face to face reinforcement, clarifying information, and the ability for the DON IT community to engage and ask questions about newly established policies and processes.
The DON IT Conference is open to all DON, government, military and support contractor personnel. Military participants should wear the uniform of the day for all events. Civilians and contractors should wear appropriate business attire.
Approval for the conference by DON AA was predicated on the following: rental cars are not authorized for those traveling by air and attendees must use the lowest cost travel options in booking their flights and accommodations. Attendees must remember to be good stewards of taxpayer dollars when attending this event, and request approval for travel and attendance from their individual commands.
Continuing Education Units
The following DON IT Conference sessions each qualify to earn Continuing Education Units (CEU)
for sustainment of Department of Defense mandated certifications. Final acceptance of CEUs is at the
certification provider's discretion.
Defense Connect Online (DCO) Meeting URLs and Teleconference Numbers:
- Financial Audit Readiness and the Implications for DON IT System Owners
Tuesday, Feb. 10, 10:15 - 11:45 am
- SPAWAR IT & IA Technical Authority Update
Tuesday, Feb. 10, 3:15 - 4:30 pm
- San Diego Waterfront KM Workshop
Wednesday, Feb. 11, 8:00 am - 12:00 pmli>
- DON Privacy Program Overview
Wednesday, Feb. 11, 10:15 - 11:45 am
- Knowledge Management Track
Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2:00 - 4:30 pm
- Mobility in the DON
Wednesday, Feb. 11, 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Sessions in Room 3:
Risk Management Framework (RMF); Task Force Cyber Awakening; Innovation Cell: Updates on AWS, Google Apps. & Microsoft Office 365 Pilots; SPAWAR IT & IA Technical Authority Update; Navy ERP; DoD/DON CIO Cloud Policy Update; NGEN Transition & Plan for ONE NET Transition to NMCI; Mobility in the DON
Teleconference #: 1-567-704-7393; passcode: 1113#
- Sessions in Room 4:
Data Center Consolidation Status; Industrial Control Systems; Beyond C&A: A Data-Centric Approach for the DON's Future; Information Technology Procurement Requests (ITPR) Process Improvement; USMC IT Procurement Review/Approval System (ITPRAS); Enterprise License Agreements
Teleconference #: 1-567-704-7393; passcode: 1114#
- Sessions in Room 5A:
DON Strategy for JIE; Financial Audit Readiness and the Implications for DON IT System Owners; USMC Town Hall; DITPR-DON & DADMS Block Upgrade & Tech Refresh Update/Existing User Policy/Process Training; San Diego Waterfront KM Workshop; Knowledge Management Track
Teleconference #: 1-567-704-7393: passcode: 11151#
- Sessions in Room 5B:
DCMO/Business Operations IT Lessons Learned; TRACKER: Managing Information and Records in the DON; Information Management Control Program (Formerly Reports Control); DITPR-DON Functionality Training for New Users; DON Privacy Program Overview; DADMS Functionality Training for New Users
Teleconference #: 1-567-704-7393; passcode: 11152#
The following hotels will offer the government per diem lodging rate of $142 to government employees and contractors with a government badge. Please note, the per diem rate rooms are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. The DON CIO does not endorse any of these hotels.
The Bristol Hotel
- 1055 First Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
- Tel: (619) 232-6141
- Located .5 miles from the Convention Center
- Room block name: "DON IT"
The Sofia Hotel
- 150 West Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101
- Tel: (800) 826-0009
- Located 1.1 miles from the Convention Center
- Room block name: "DON IT"