DON IT Conference, West Coast 2020
Mar 2-3, 2020
San Diego Convention Center
111 W. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
The DON IT Conference has been approved for March 2-3, 2020 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Ca. No conference fee will be assessed, but registration is required. Pre-registration is now closed, but will be available on-site at the Convention Center.
The DON IT Conference is typically held in fleet concentration areas on the West Coast and East Coast each year to minimize cross-country travel by participants.
The purpose of the DON IT conference is to:
- Share information about new and emerging IT policy and initiatives, including those that support statutory requirements, cybersecurity, privacy, and electromagnetic spectrum.
- Provide IT-related training that will provide credits toward continuous learning per SECNAVINST 1543.2, which requires that Cyberspace/IT workforce members have 40 hours of continuous learning per year.
- Hear firsthand from DON IT Leadership and provide the opportunity for discussions between DON IT leaders and the DON IT community responsible for implementing policies and processes at the working level.
View room dial-in numbers. Please check back prior to the start of each session as numbers may change throughout the day.
Government, Military and Contractor Support: The DON IT Conference is open and free to DON, government, military and contractor personnel providing direct support to the government, however registration is required. Pre-registration is now closed, but registration will be available on-site at the Convention Center.
NOTE: Walk-in contractor support registrants must provide CAC or name and contact information of government sponsor. Due to approval restrictions on the number of TAD attendees, no TAD government or military attendees will be allowed to register on-site.
Military participants should wear the uniform of the day for all events. Civilians and contractors should wear appropriate business attire.
Approval for the conference by DON AA was predicated on the following: rental cars are not authorized for those traveling by air and attendees must use the lowest cost travel options in booking their flights and accommodations. Attendees must remember to be good stewards of taxpayer dollars when attending this event, and request approval for travel and attendance from their individual commands.
The following hotels will offer the government per diem lodging rate to government employees and contractors with a government badge. Please note, the per diem rate rooms are limited, and available on a first-come, first-served basis. The DON CIO does not endorse any hotels.
Horton Grand Hotel
- 311 Island Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
- Tel: (619) 239-4500
- Located .4 miles from the Convention Center
- Group Code: "DON IT"
- 521 6th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
- Tel: (619) 330-6401
- Located .5 miles from the Convention Center
- Group Code: "DONITWC2020"
The Bristol Hotel
- 1055 1st Ave., San Diego, CA 92101
- Tel: (619) 232-6141
- Located .7 miles from the Convention Center
- Group Code: "DONIT20"
- 1055 Second Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
- Tel: (619) 238-1818
- Located .8 miles from the Convention Center
- Group Code: "DON IT"
The signed approval memo is available for download here: DON IT Conference Signed Approval Memo.
Conference Program / Agenda
Hard copies of the conference program and agenda will be available at the conference. Download the conference program now.
Download the DON IT Conference West Coast 2020 At-A-Glance Agenda
View the sessions qualifying for CEUs.