Privacy Information and Resources
Published, December 19, 2008
In addition to the privacy resources and information available on the DON CIO website, the following list of websites provide further information on privacy and identity theft prevention.
- United States Marine Corps Privacy website: This site includes references, training, breach reporting and Privacy Impact Assessment resources. Note: Site is CAC enabled.
- Department of Defense Privacy Office website: This site includes mission and functions, organization, points of contact, statutory/regulatory authority, Office of Management and Budget and DoD Privacy Act implementation, DoD Privacy Impact Assessment implementation and other sites of interest.
- Federal Trade Commission Identity Theft website: This site is a one-stop national resource that provides information about the crime of identity theft, as well as detailed information to help deter, detect and defend against identity theft.
- Onguard Online website: This site provides practical tips from the Federal Government and the technology industry about guarding against Internet fraud, securing computers and protecting personal information.
- Federal Trade Commission website (Computers and the Internet: Privacy and Security): This site provides information, resources and tips on safer computing and protecting personal information.
- Federal Trade Commission privacy website (Protecting Personal Information: A Guide for Business): This site provides the steps to take to protect personal information and to prevent identity theft.