Increasing Privacy Awareness? Consider a Command-Wide Stand Down
By DON CIO Privacy Team - Published, December 11, 2015
One proactive step that can be taken to increase privacy awareness at your activity or command is to conduct a privacy stand down. Marine Corps Installations West-Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton (MCIWEST-MCB CAMPEN) recently did just that by declaring Sept. 23, 2015 as "Personally Identifiable Information Awareness Day" throughout their region.
MCIWEST-MCB CAMPEN provided the following list of suggested actions and activities. The list can be tailored to your specific situation.
- Create a display emphasizing the importance of PII awareness.
- Publish an article in each Installation's newspaper.
- Display PII awareness posters in high traffic areas.
- Increase unannounced PII inspections.
- Display PII awareness slogans on marquees.
- Set-up a PII awareness booth in high traffic areas that will provide PII awareness material, answer
- questions, and PII contact information.
- Display PII awareness banners throughout the Installations.
Please suggest other appropriate ideas through the Contact Us page
so the above list can be as useful as possible.