Establishment of the DON Spectrum Supportability Integrated Product Team
Joint DON Memo - Publish Date: 04/30/14
This memo establishes the Department of the Navy Spectrum Supportability (SS) Integrated Product Team to improve lifecycle continuity and integration of all SS processes.
Subj: ESTABLISHMENT OF THE DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY SPECTRUM SUPPORTABILITY INTEGRATED PRODUCT TEAM (IPT)
Ref: (a) DoDI 4650.01 Policy and Procedures for Management and Use of the Electromagnetic Spectrum
(b) SECNAVINST 2400.1 Electromagnetic Spectrum Policy and Management
(c) SECNAVINST 2400.2 Electromagnetic Environment Policy and Management
(d) SECNAVINST 5000.2E Department of the Navy Implementation and Operation of the Defense Acquisition System and the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System
(e) OPNAVINST 2400.20G Electromagnetic Environmental Effects and Spectrum Supportability Policy and Procedures
(f) MCO 2400.1 Marine Corps Management and Use of the Electromagnetic Spectrum
(g) VCNO Memorandum Resource and Requirements Review Board (R3B) Charter>br />
(h) VCNO Memorandum Naval Capabilities Board (NCB) Charter
Encl: (1) Spectrum Supportability IPT Objectives
(2) Spectrum Supportability IPT Member Roles and Responsibilities
1. This memorandum establishes the Department of the Navy (DON) Spectrum Supportability (SS) Integrated Product Team (IPT) to improve lifecycle continuity and integration of all SS processes in accordance with references (a) through (h). The objectives of this IPT are summarized in enclosure (1).
2. The DON SS IPT will be implemented from existing Spectrum Management (SM) and Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) stakeholder resources. Day-to-day functions of the IPT will be performed at the GS-15/O-6 level and below. No new resources will be allocated for its creation or operation.
3. The guidance contained in this memorandum applies to the Office of the Secretary of the Navy, the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO), the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC), and all Navy and Marine Corps commands, units, installations, organizations and activities.
4. SM/E3 stakeholders will be responsible for implementing, leveraging, maintaining, and funding the DON SS IPT, including all aspects addressed by this memorandum. IPT member responsibilities, summarized in enclosure (2), will be incorporated in future updates of SECNAVINST 2400.1.
5. The DON CIO point of contact for this issue is Tom Kidd, 703-695-1978 or email@example.com. The ASN (RDA) point of contact is CDR Todd Barnhill, 703-614-7734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terry A. Halvorsen
Department of the Navy Chief Information Officer
Sean J. Stackley
Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development & Acquisition)