DON IM/IT Excellence Awards Nominations Deadline Extended to Dec. 13
Published, December 5, 2019
The DON IM/IT Excellence Awards program is the most prestigious and longest running award program that recognizes excellence in Information Management (IM) and Information Technology (IT) in the Department of the Navy. For almost two decades, DON CIO has been presenting awards that recognize individual and team IM/IT contributions. Starting in 2000 as the “eGov Awards,” they were renamed in 2005 to the “DON IM/IT Excellence Awards.” Along the way, additional award categories were added, all under the umbrella of the DON IM/IT Excellence Awards. Nominations for the 2020 awards are due Dec. 13, 2019.
The 2020 awards will be presented at the West Coast (March 2-3, 2020) and East Coast (May 11-13, 2020) DON IT Conferences. Awards, which cover work done during FY19, will be presented in the following categories:
- DON IM/IT Excellence Team Awards
- DON IT Person of the Year
- DON IT Rising Star of the Year
- Information System Security Manager (ISSM)/Information System Security Officer (ISSO) of the Year Award
- Privacy Program Excellence Award
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Program Excellence Award
To submit an award nomination, please follow the below instructions.
- Complete the DON IM/IT Excellence Awards Nomination Form.
- Write a one-page Award Justification (8.5 x 11 inch paper, 1 inch margins, single spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font) which includes the following:
- A brief summary of the challenge(s) or problem(s) to be solved;
- How the project, effort, person, or team meets the specific award criteria as defined in the Award Criteria Table; and
- How the results benefit the DON, including quantitative results or measures of improvement.
- Write an Award Citation of 150 words or less, which summarizes the nomination. The citation will be used for the award letter and any collateral materials if the nomination is selected as a winner.
- Have a senior leader in your leadership chain (e.g., SES/Flag/GO, Command Information Officer, Commanding Officer, etc.) sign the Nomination Form.
- Email the completed Nomination Form, Award Justification, and Award Citation to the DON CIO mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 December, 2019.
Nominators will be notified of results by Jan. 31, 2020.