2019 DON IM/IT Excellence Award Winners
Published, February 25, 2019
Congratulations to the 2019 DON Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) Excellence Award Winners! The DON IM/IT Excellence Awards recognize excellence in information management and information technology across the Department of the Navy.
The 2019 DON IM/IT Excellence Award categories and winners are:
- DON Cyberspace/Information Technology Person of the Year
- Ms. Laura Sedor, NAVSUP IG
- DON Cyberspace/Information Technology Rising Star of the Year
- IT1 Andre Pham, Hopper Information Services Center
- FOIA Program Excellence Individual Award
- Mr. Chuck Van Cleave, FOIA Officer, NAVFAC NW
- FOIA Program Excellence Team Award
- Government Information Sharing Unit, NCIS
- Information Systems Security Manager/Information Systems Security Officer of the Year
- Privacy Program Excellence Award
- Ms. Deborah Cantaoi, Privacy Program Coordinator, HQMC
- Information Management/Information Technology Excellence Team Awards
- Compile to Combat in 24 Hours, SPAWAR
- Inventory at Risk Alerts (IRAS) Tool Team, NAVSUP
- Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) Systems Integration Team, NUWC Newport
The award presentations are split between the East and West Coast DON IT Conferences. The Rising Star, ISSM/ISSO, and Compile to Combat in 24 Hours Team awards were presented on February 13, 2019 by Mr. Thomas Modly, VADM Matthew Kohler, and BGen Lorna Mahlock during the West Coast DON IT Conference CIO Town Hall. The remaining awards will be presented at the East Coast DON IT Conference scheduled for June 3-5, 2019 in Norfolk, VA.
DON IM/IT Excellence Award recipients are among the most innovative, dedicated and enthusiastic DON civilians and military members. If you’re interested in nominating an individual or team for next year's awards, sign up for Email Alerts on the home page of the DON CIO website.