DON IT Conference Walk-in Registration
Published, January 23, 2019
Walk-in registration onsite at the West Coast DON IT Conference scheduled for Feb. 13-15 at the San Diego Convention Center will be available for three categories of attendees: 1) Non-TAD DON civilian and military attendees; 2) local and TAD government support contractors who provide a CAC or contact information of government sponsor; and 3) local and TAD non-DON government attendees.
The schedule, session descriptions, and list of sessions qualifying for CEUs are available. No conference fee will be assessed, but registration is required.
DON IT Conferences are typically held in fleet concentration areas on the East and West Coasts each year to minimize travel by participants. Those with East Coast duty stations should plan to attend the East Coast DON IT Conference, which has been approved and scheduled for June 3-5 in Norfolk, Va. Additional information regarding the East Coast conference is forthcoming.
The purpose of the DON IT conference is to:
- Share information about new and emerging IT policy and initiatives, including those that support statutory requirements, cybersecurity, privacy, and electromagnetic spectrum.
- Provide IT-related training that will provide credits toward continuous learning per SECNAVINST 1543.2, which requires that Cyberspace/IT workforce members have 40 hours of continuous learning per year.
- Hear firsthand from DON IT Leadership and provide the opportunity for discussions between DON IT leaders and the DON IT community responsible for implementing policies and processes at the working level.
Military participants should wear the uniform of the day for all events. Civilians and contractors should wear appropriate business attire.
Conference sessions will be available via dial-in for those who want to participate from remote locations. The line will be muted by default, pressing *6 will unmute and mute your line.
Approval for the conference by DON AA was predicated on the following: rental cars are not authorized for those traveling by air and attendees must use the lowest cost travel options in booking their flights and accommodations. Attendees must remember to be good stewards of taxpayer dollars when attending this event, and request approval for travel and attendance from their individual commands.
The following hotels will offer the government per diem lodging rate to government employees and contractors with a government badge. Please note, the per diem rate rooms are limited, and available on a first-come, first-served basis. The DON CIO does not endorse any hotels.
- 521 Sixth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
- Tel: (619) 330-6401
- Located .4 miles from the Convention Center
- Group Code: "DONIT2019"
The Bristol Hotel
- 1055 1st Ave., San Diego, CA 92101
- Tel: (619) 232-6141
- Located .7 miles from the Convention Center
- Group Code: "DONIT2019"
- 400 West Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101
- Tel: (619) 239-4500
- Located .9 miles from the Convention Center
- Group Code: "Dept. of the Navy CIO/DC"
Parking at the Convention Center
On-site parking is available in the 1,950-vehicle parking garage managed by Ace Parking and owned by the Port of San Diego. Parking rates may range from $15 to $30 for special event activity. Contact Ace Parking with questions: 619-237-0399.
A printed program booklet with the conference schedule, room numbers and session descriptions will be available at the conference.