WASHINGTON, January 17, 2017 -- Naval Enterprise Networks (NEN), program managers of the U.S. Department of the Navy’s (DON) largest enterprise information technology (IT) program, will host the third Industry Day to engage with businesses on opportunities associated with the re-compete of its current Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) contract.
NGEN Re-compete Industry Day III will be held on January 25, 2017 at the Sheraton Tysons Hotel, 8661 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner, Virginia, 22812.
Additional information about Industry Day III, including the agenda and registration instructions, can be found by visiting FedBizOpps.gov.
The DON is committed to fully engaging industry to develop the appropriate requirements and procurement opportunities that will result in maximum capability and value to our warfighters. The purpose of this third Industry Day event is to enable NEN to engage with the business sector to inform industry of our acquisition approach for any potential NGEN follow-on contract(s) and other opportunities. Information from this event and any future industry engagements such as Requests for Information (RFIs), draft Requests for Proposals (RFPs), or industry presentations, may be used to help the Navy determine the number, timing, type, terms and conditions, and tasks of any potential contract(s) that may be issued as follow-ons to the current NGEN contract.
Registration is limited by the venue capacity and early registration is strongly recommended.
• Industry should register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/industry-day-iii-tickets-28872670936
• Government civilians and military should register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/industry-day-government-registration-tickets-28872778257
• Media personnel are invited and encouraged to attend. Please respond with an email confirming participation to email@example.com
• The registration cutoff date for industry, government civilians, military and media personnel is 19 January 2017, 1600 EDT
• Industry organizations are limited to three (3) attendees, and each individual must register; group registrations are not permitted
• In the event Industry Day III is over or under subscribed, the Government reserves the right to adjust participation limits
There is no fee for any Industry Day activity.
The Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) is the Department of the Navy’s (DON) shore-based network in the continental United States and Hawaii, providing a single integrated, secure IT environment for reliable, stable information transfer. NMCI represents about 70 percent of all DON IT operations.
Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) is the current DON enterprise-wide IT services contract vehicle.
About Naval Enterprise Networks
The Naval Enterprise Networks (NEN) is the program office that manages the acquisition life-cycle of the Department of the Navy’s (DON) enterprise-wide IT services, networks, and service delivery. NEN’s network portfolio includes: the NMCI network, the Base Level Information Infrastructure (BLII) for the Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS) Naval Enterprise Network (ONE-Net), and the Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) contract. The NEN service portfolio includes services and functions aligned with Network, Enterprise, Cybersecurity and End User Hardware service areas.
The NGEN re-compete activity is being planned and executed on behalf of PEO-EIS, and in coordination with the United States Marine Corps and the Data Center Application Optimization (DCAO) office.