On June 14, AFCEA Intelligence and the Naval Intelligence Professionals (NIP), in collaboration with the Office of the Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Warfare (OPNAV N2N6), will present a classified forum to discuss the needs and opportunities for industry within Information Warfare in the U.S. Navy.
Session topics will include:
– A review of the President's FY17 budget, identifying areas of growth and risk.
– The challenges and opportunities for industry to assist the Navy in maintaining resilient and secure communications, emerging efforts in cyber security, and the Navy's CYBERSAFE initiative.
– Where the Navy is headed in terms of integrating, modernizing, and securing its networks and the acquisition approach it will take to get there.
– The Navy's requirements to assure tactical advantage over its adversaries in battlespace awareness, its efforts to expand maritime ISR capabilities, and the challenges that expansion effort creates in the realm of TCPED — Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation, Dissemination.
– How the Navy must develop and employ initiative operating concepts, new systems, and a fresh approach to thinking about modern warfare, to prevail in the electromagnetic-cyber domain.
– A closing panel focused on acquisition activities.
– Vice Adm. Jan Tighe, just confirmed as the next N2N6 and current Commander of Fleet Cyber Command and the U.S 10th Fleet, will keynote the event.
– Plus, the current SPAWAR Commander Rear Adm. David Lewis and next SPAWAR Commander Rear Adm. Christian Becker will join with Program Executive Officers (PEOs) to discuss the Navy’s needs in the acquisition area.
– To register go to: http://www.afcea.org/event/?q=NavyDay2016-Register
See the agenda and speaker lineup: http://www.afcea.org/event/?q=NavyDay2016