CHIPS Articles: Visit or Dial-in to West Coast DON IT Conference
Visit or Dial-in to West Coast DON IT Conference
Feb. 17-18, 2016
By DON CIO
February 17, 2016
The DON IT Conference has been approved and will be held Feb. 17-18, 2016, at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Ca. No conference fee will be assessed, but registration is required. Pre-registration is now closed. The TAD registration limit has been met and registration is now limited to local attendees in a non-TAD status. Local attendees may register onsite at the convention center beginning at 7:00 each day of the conference.
The DON IT Conference is typically held in fleet concentration areas on the West Coast and East Coast each year to minimize cross-country travel by participants. Additionally, conference sessions will be available via DCS.
The purpose of the DON IT conference is to:
- Share information about new and emerging IT policy and initiatives, including those that support statutory requirements, cybersecurity, privacy, and the SECNAV’s vision laid out in the DON Transformation Plan.
- Provide IT-related training that will provide credits toward continuous learning per SECNAVINST 1543.2, which requires that Cyberspace/IT workforce members have 40 hours of continuous learning per year.
- Provide the opportunity for discussions between DON IT leaders and the DON IT community responsible for implementing policies and processes at the working level.
The DON IT Conference is open to all DON, government, military and support contractor personnel. Military participants should wear the uniform of the day for all events. Civilians and contractors should wear appropriate business attire.
Approval for the conference by DON AA was predicated on the following: rental cars are not authorized for those traveling by air and attendees must use the lowest cost travel options in booking their flights and accommodations. Attendees must remember to be good stewards of taxpayer dollars when attending this event, and request approval for travel and attendance from their individual commands.
Electromagnetic Spectrum Summit. View additional details on the Spectrum Summit.
Continuing Education Units
The following DON IT Conference sessions each qualify to earn Continuing Education Units (CEU) for sustainment of Department of Defense mandated certifications. Final acceptance of CEUs is at the certification provider's discretion.
- Cybersecurity of Industrial Control Systems: A Multi-Disciplinary Challenge
Wednesday, Feb. 17, 9:30 - 10:30 am
- DON IT Strategic Sourcing: Enterprise Licensing Overview and Strategic Vendor Management
Wednesday, Feb. 17, 9:30 - 10:30 am
- DON Enterprise Architecture v6 Updates and DoD Information EA Alignment Overview
Wednesday, Feb. 17, 10:45 - 11:45 am
- Update on Information Technology & Information Assurance Technical Authority
Wednesday, Feb. 17, 1:45 - 2:45 pm
- DON PKI Program and SHA-256 Migration Updates Panel
Wednesday, Feb. 17, 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Enterprise IT Controls and RMF for Systems in Scope for Financial Audit
Thursday, Feb. 18, 8:30 - 10:30 am
- DON IT Strategic Sourcing: Commercial Software Licensing Training and Strategic Sourcing Panel Q&A
Thursday, Feb. 18, 10:15 - 11:15 am
- Navy Risk Management Framework
Thursday, Feb. 18, 3:00 - 4:00 pm
The signed approval memo and conference schedule are available for download at:
Awards, BCA, CAC, CCA, CIO Authorities, Civil Liberties, Cloud, Cybersecurity, DADMS/DITPR-DON, DAR, Data Strategy, DCC, DIACAP, EA, Efficiencies, ELA, Enterprise Services, FISMA, Governance, Governance, IA, Infrastructure, Investment Management, IT Portfolio Management, ITAM, ITEAA, KM, MFDs, NEN, NGEN, NMCI, NNE, Open Source, PED, PKI, Privacy, RM, Social Media, Spectrum, Standards, Strategy, Telecommunications, Wireless, Workforce