It is very important to act quickly if you believe someone has used your name, social security number, or other aspect of your identity to commit fraud.
Department of the Navy Civilian Employee Assistance Program (DONCEAP) offers free 24/7 identity theft confidential consultations and referrals for Department of the Navy civilian employees and their family members. The identity theft and fraud resolution program provides legal, financial, and identity theft services.
- Fraud resolution counseling, deterrence, and education
- Assistance with notifying creditors and third parties of identity theft
- Case file preparation
- Notice and letter preparation
- Assistance with identity theft affidavits and fraudulent account
- Financial counseling
- Legal document preparation assistance
- Free legal consultations and discounts on legal services
- Mediation assistance
- And many other related services
Services are offered as a benefit from the Department of the Navy to you and your family members. View more information on DONCEAP Identity Theft Support, here.