ATLANTA, Ga. – The Defense Video and Imagery Distribution System continues to build upon its successful military channel by unveiling a new app — DefenseTV.
Designed as a top-ranking source of military news and entertainment on over-the-top boxes, the app first entered the market on https://www.roku.com/channels#!details/45179/defensetv and http://www.google.com/chrome/devices/chromecast/apps.html.
The app has been streamlined for Fire TV users, including a larger interface so the user can easily sort through a variety of categorized military content from the homepage. The DefenseTV app also offers the opportunity to ‘Remind Me’ of upcoming live events with automatic ‘Watch Now’ transparent overlay prompts as events begin.
Major Scott Betts, DVIDS Director of Operations said: “This OTT expansion proves that DVIDS is committed to the Defense Media Activity goal of making the missions and news of our service members available to audiences across multiple platforms. DVIDS digital streaming is an important example of how we leverage technical capabilities to deliver content direct to our consumers as they choose it from their living room.”
DefenseTV highlights include:
- Live Events – Breaking news, press conferences/briefings, interviews, award ceremonies, etc. with ‘Remind Me’ capability
- NewsStream – DoD and Service news plus hand-picked curation of leading military content
- Featured topics: Featured, Missions, In Focus, Science & Tech, Sports, Entertainment, Health & Family
- Military Spotlight – Channels dedicated to branches & DoD organizations
- Series – Favorite military shows such as “In The Fight,” “Recon” and “Battleground”
- Personal choice and control through DVR-like functionality
DefenseTV can be accessed for free at http://defensetv.tv/#/video:393293/news-stream and on key connected devices including: Roku, Google Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV.