CHIPS Articles: DON IT Policy Roundup
DON IT Policy Roundup
The following DON IT policy issuances, published between December 2013 and March 2014, are available in their entirety from the DON CIO website IT Policy & Guidance page, http://www.doncio.navy.mil/(cyg51dffug4mbb45uqya2y45)/Policy.aspx.
- DON Implementation of FOIAonline (Dec. 12, 2013). Announces implementation of FOIAonline as the DON Enterprise tracking and management tool. As of 1 February 2014, all new and open DON Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests are being processed through FOIAonline.
- DON Server-Based System and Application Migration and Hosting Best Value Policy Guidance (Jan. 10, 2014). Provides supplementary guidance for the migration and hosting of all DON server-based systems and applications. System and/or application migration is to be aligned with either a data center consolidation or tech refresh plan, whichever occurs sooner, but all migrations are to be completed by the end of Fiscal Year 2018.
- Certification and Annual Review Processes for Enterprise Information Environment Mission Area, Warfighter Mission Area, and Defense Intelligence Mission Area Systems (Feb. 7, 2014). Replaces guidance for the certifications and annual reviews required for Enterprise Information Environment Mission Area (EIEMA), Warfighter Mission Area (WMA), and Defense Intelligence Mission Area (DIMA) systems and adds requirements for data centers.
- DON KM Strategy (March 7, 2014). Updates and reissues the DON Knowledge Management Strategy identifying goals and objectives for continued KM implementation in the DON.
- DON Adoption of the DoD Mobile Classified Capability (March 19, 2014). Details how the DON will transition to the DoD Mobile Classified Capability (DMCC) as a replacement for the Secure Mobile Environment Portable Electronic Device (SME PED) capability that will reach its end of life in 2014.
DON CIO official seal.