Please join us for the DON IT Conference East Coast 2021. The conference is scheduled for May 24-26; the theme for the conference is "The Enduring ISV." The Information Superiority Vision (ISV) is based on three premises: (1) The DON network, as a warfighting platform, must securely deliver the right information at the right time; (2) The DON must modernize the network to provide properly credentialed Sailors and Marines access to information to fight from anywhere; and (3) The DON must develop a transformative workforce ready to achieve Information Superiority, DON CIO Aaron Weis wrote in his column for the CHIPS January-March 2021 edition.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we are planning for a virtual conference and will make the decision whether the virtual conference will include an in-person gathering by the week of April 11. If the conference is all virtual, registrations for the in-person conference will be automatically converted to the virtual conference registration.
The purpose of the DON IT conference is to:
- Share information about supporting and delivering the Information Superiority Vision (ISV).
- Learn how the DON can best align with the ISV's strategic objectives of Modernizing our Infrastructure, Innovating and Deploying New Capabilities, and Defending our Information; as well as align with the ISV strategic assets of Leveraging our Data to Drive Advantage and Empowering our Digital Workforce.
- Encourage the Department to remain aggressive in its innovation and best value IT/cyberspace solutions.
- Provide IT-related training that will provide credits toward continuous learning per SECNAVINST 1543.2, which requires that Cyberspace/IT workforce members have 20 hours of continuous learning per year.
- Provide the opportunity for the DON IT community to hear directly from DON IT leadership allowing them to obtain clarifying information and insight into solutions to IT challenges.
The DON IT Conference is open and free to DON, government, military and contractor personnel providing direct support to the government, however registration is required.
Additional information, including the draft schedule, will be available in the upcoming weeks.
Register for the in-person event.
Register for the virtual event.