NARR/REF (A) IS THE MOS MANUAL SIGNED 29 MARCH 2019, REF B IS THE 26XX OCCUPATIONAL FIELD PROFESSIONALIZATION, SIGNED 26 SEPTEMBER 2017//
POC/T.C. JONES/MAJ/0202 OCCUPATIONAL FIELD SPECIALIST/IIS/TEL: DSN 224-3981/TEL: COM (571) 256-9334/EMAIL: TIMOTHY.C.JONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This is a coordinated message between Deputy Commandant for Information, Manpower and Reserve Affairs, and Marine Corps Training and Education Command. This MARADMIN is published to clarify changes to the 02XX Occupational Field that take effect 1 October 2020.
2. Previously, intelligence officers completed entry-level MOS training and earned a PMOS corresponding to one of four sub specialties (0203 Ground Intelligence Officer CID: N46HFMZ, 0204 Counterintelligence/Human Intelligence Officer CID: N46HFWZ, 0206 Signals Intelligence/Ground Electronic Warfare CID: N46CUKZ, or 0207 Air Intelligence Officer CID: N460HUZ). Intelligence officers would later attend the Marine Air Ground Task Force Intelligence Officer Course (MIOC) CID: N460JJ2 and earn the PMOS 0202. Modernization efforts identified the need to provide a common basic intelligence officer course for all students prior to specializing in specific intelligence sub fields. This resulted in the creation of the Tactical Intelligence Officer Course (TIOC) CID: N46CU22. TIOC is now required prior to follow-on specific intelligence training.
3. As part of intelligence modernization efforts, MIOC course content was updated and reoriented toward providing advanced skills in intelligence planning. The target grade for the student population of the new course is major/O4.
4. New entry level and lateral move Intelligence officers must complete TIOC and requirements of one of the four following NMOS: 0203, 0204, 0206, or 0207. After 1 October 2020, all new intelligence officers will be designed PMOS 0202 upon completion of TIOC and a designated NMOS training pipeline.
5. Intelligence officers already assigned a PMOS of 0203, 0204, 0206, or 0207 who have not yet attended MIOC are not required to attend TIOC and will be assigned the PMOS 0202. Officers originally assigned PMOS 0203, 0204, 0206, or 0207 will be assigned their previous PMOS as an NMOS.
6. Lieutenants and Captains who have completed MIOC, regardless of when they completed the course, will be assigned the NMOS of 0209 upon promotion to Major.
7. Majors and Lieutenant Colonels who completed MIOC, regardless of when they completed the course, will be assigned the NMOS of 0209 effective 1 October 2020.
8. Officers that execute a lateral movement into the intelligence field must attend both TIOC and an entry-level intelligence course, unless waived by the Director of Intelligence.
9. The Basic School will continue to assign intelligence officer subspecialties through the designation of officers for each intelligence officer NMOS (0203, 0204, 0206, or 0207) based on MPP provided production goals.
10. Marine Corps Intelligence Schools will assign PMOS 0202 on completion of TIOC and an NMOS training pipeline. In coordination with MMOA, MCIS may reassign students to a different NMOS pipeline if the student does not complete the initially assigned NMOS pipeline training.
11. On promotion to major and completion of MIOC (CID: N460JJ2), officers should be assigned the 0209 NMOS. Marine Corps Intelligence Schools and the Director of Intelligence are authorized to assign an officer the 0209 MOS.
12. Release authorized by BGen M. G. Carter, Director of Intelligence, U.S. Marine Corps.//
Date Signed: 10/22/2020
For Marine Corps news go to www.marines.mil/News.aspx.