Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) has ranked eighth in the 28th annual top 20 government employers list in Minority Engineer Magazine.
The list is derived from an annual survey of randomly selected subscribers of the magazine who are prompted to write in the top U.S. government organizations they would want to work for and which they believe would provide a positive working environment for engineers from minority groups and diverse cultures.
"It’s an honor to be recognized by Minority Engineer Magazine," said SPAWAR Executive Director Pat Sullivan. "We are dedicated to making SPAWAR the best place to work for all of our employees and so we can unleash creativity and innovation in support of our number one mission - to support the Navy warfighter.”
The recognition includes the entire SPAWAR team comprising SPAWAR Headquarters and Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific in San Diego, California, Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic in Charleston, South Carolina, and SPAWAR Space Field Activity in Chantilly, Virginia.
Minority Engineer Magazine’s top 20 government employers list appears in the magazine’s Winter 2018/2019 edition, released March 5, and includes the following employers:
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS)
- U.S. Department of State (DOS)
- Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR)
- Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Military Sealift Command (MSC)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Sandia National Laboratories
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL)
- Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
- U.S. Secret Service (USSS)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Additionally, the list can be found directly on the Equal Opportunity Publications site under Minority Magazine’s Readers’ Choice Awards at: https://www.eop.com/awards-ME.php
SPAWAR is committed to the continuous improvement of the command as a whole, demonstrated by a number of notable efforts to include: a dedicated quality of work life committee, flexible work schedules, a health and wellness program, and a number of facility and infrastructure updates and improvements.
With 135,205 national readers, Minority Engineer Magazine is the most widely read career magazine in the nation for students and professional engineers who are members of minority groups and diverse cultures.
SPAWAR identifies, develops, delivers and sustains information warfighting capabilities supporting naval, joint, coalition and other national missions. SPAWAR consists of more than 10,000 active duty military and civil service professionals located around the world and close to the fleet to keep SPAWAR at the forefront of research, engineering and acquisition to provide and sustain information warfare capabilities to the fleet.
SPAWAR - Twitter - http://twitter.com/SPAWARHQ or Facebook - www.facebook.com/